Friday, September 25, 2009

September25th -Delta Rocket Launch Contrail with Eagle

This morning at 8:20 a Delta Rocket launched from Canaveral into a perfect blue sky.


It's interesting to me that the rocket appears to be turning to go parallel to the earth, when in fact the rocket is going straight up, and it is the earth that is turning.

I love to watch the rocket itself get smaller and smaller. Hard to believe it can make such a distinct contrail.


And soon after the launch I always wait to see what design the forces of the atmosphere will create from the contrail. The design is highlighted by the sun peeking out from behind a palm tree trunk.


This was a bonus shot! As I turned to walk back down the street to my house, a gorgeous bald eagle flew directly over me. What a thrill!

No comments:

Post a Comment